Sunday, January 28, 2007

BYBS: BYBS :-)

The Blue Panther Experience is host for Blog Your Blessings. Click this link, grab the blogroll code, add the code to your blog, leave a comment on Blue Panther Experience and post your blessing. Quick and easy!

In the spirit of blogging about everyday things in my life that I am grateful for, I'm glad that BYBS is around. In particular, it gets me to think about something positive, it has enlarged my world and it has given me many things to think about.

As a half-empty kind of guy, it's important for me to remember the positive things in my life. Without this, at times, the negative aspects can encompass my world. BYBS gets me out of this mindset and makes me think about the positive aspects of my life.

One of the hazards of being introverted is that I forget that my view of the world is not the only viewpoint. When I visit other participants I see things through another person's eyes and give myself a chance to look at the world in a different way.

Reading BYBS articles has given me a lot to think about. Thought and ideas are very important to me, but all too often I find the internet a very frustrating place. Too much of it is banal and vacuous, whereas BYBS is a much more thoughtful and interesting part. I've found other people's insights to be very interesting and in some cases profound.

Thus I add Blog Your Blessings Sunday to the list of things that I feel I have been blessed with.

Tags: , , .

P.S. Alright this isn't fair. I posted this one but forgot to reset the date, so it did not show up before the "Nothing" post. I made a point of logging on this morning to post before BYBS and all that. I did. Idid!Idid!Idid! Oh well :-)

4 comments:

Blue Panther said...

I think, I completely agree with what you say here.

have a great week ahead!

Unknown said...

I took the day off from work today. I don't know why. I'm not sick. I just didn't feel like being part of the human race today. Is that wrong?

Whatever said...

Thanks Blue :-)

Canuckistani: I don't think that's wrong. Unfortunately, until you hit the jackpot, you do have to deal with the damn J-O-B thing >.< Since this is supposed to be about BYBS --- and therefore more upbeat --- I have found that sometimes the thought of what the day will be like is worse than the day itself.

P.S. If you do hit the jackpot, remember your "blogging buddies" :-)

Unknown said...

keke

a BYB on BYB. smart! ;)

well in the spirit of BYB... would say that if you're a half-empty kinda guy... would also mean you're half-full too!

;)

and the BYB-cult grows...