Sunday, October 17, 2010

BYBS: Google Chrome Developer Tools

Developer tools displaying the JavaScript for Yahoo!

Since I have a complete lack of ideas for this week (note that I'm not talkin about good ideas, those waved bye-bye to me a long time ago) I decided to blog about something that I use every day.  In particular, the JavaScript debugger that Google created with their chrome browser.

I know, I know, you are now shouting at your monitor "But Firebug kicks Chrome's butt!"  To that I say everyone is entitled to their opinion, and besides, I need something to blog about next week!

This is a tool that I use every day.  It is the culmination of years of evolution in the whole area of JavaScript development.  And believe me, these things have come a long way since the early days of the web where debugging was putting pop-ups in your page.

I realize this wont make a whole lot of sense to someone who has the fortune to not be involved with software development; but trust me, this is a good thing.  Now that decent tools have been available for a number of years, it is the way of things that a new medium will come along for which there are no good tools.  Like I said, I need something to blog about next week...

No comments: