Sunday, April 13, 2008

BYBS: Loss

I was reading through some other people's blogs and I was struck by the sadness that I saw expressed there over loss. I was trying to think of how loss could be a blessing, and I had a hard time coming up with anything.

So my thoughts naturally turned to something that people everywhere think about at this time of year.

Taxes

OK, so only the people in the USA associate taxes with this time of the year. These other people can contemplate how their lack of taxes is a blessing.

Personally, I'm counting my lack of having to deal with any more forms, publications, instructions, statements, more forms, designations, specifications, and all the stuff in between.

Yes, it is a great loss, having to see all these fiends go…er…I meant friends, yes, that's what I meant to say. At any rate, such things are a great loss. To know that all those people who might have been thinking of me, will now turn to other things.

But then I know that, when this time of year comes around again, that my friends will once again think of me.

And once again, I will look forwards to my loss.

10 comments:

Susan Demeter said...

Getting taxes done, and out of the way is a relief for sure! Sometimes loss brings relief.

Paulie said...

I still have two days . . . Ü You are good counting this as a blessing.

CyberCelt said...

Doing taxes can be a blessing if you find out you are getting money back. Or, you find out you do not owe money. I always await the final check on TurboTax to tell me where I stand.

SandyCarlson said...

Our friends and their loosey goosey computers at the IRS. Who knows where are money goes.

It can be a relief when it's over, so long as the hit isn't too hard!

Blue Panther said...

It is really difficult to find a blessing in a loss, but i guess one of the blessing of a loss can be that it prepares us for any losses that we might have to face in the future.

Unknown said...

sure sounds like death

but does go hand in hand with taxes :P

[Death and Taxes]

ps. actually people in Malaysia are having taxes at this time of year as well

storyteller said...

You raise an intriguing question … and when I was younger, I thought ‘losses’ to be solely ‘negative experiences’ … but the older I get, the more I realize the truth that ‘all things pass away’ …(I love the Bibical phrase “It came to pass’ which I often smile at … grateful that not all things ‘come to stay’) … so these days recognizing this ‘truth’ reminds me to ‘live fully in the present’ savoring everything right now.
I’ve published my 1st Blog your Blessings Sunday post at Sacred Ruminations after ‘discovering’ this group last week. I hope you’ll find time to visit.
Hugs and blessings,

Whatever said...

Thanks to all who have dropped by and commented!

That being said, Storyteller gets my "you got it!!!" award for this week.

Yes, I know that this is the first time I've bestowed one. Yes, I know that it may well be the last.

At any rate, thanks for dropping by and I will definitely check out your site.

storyteller said...

Uh ... thanks (I think) for 'whatever' the 'you got it award' might be. LOL
Hugs and blessings,

Whatever said...

Sorry if the flip nature of my reply obscured my intention, but yes, it is indeed a compliment.