Sunday, April 06, 2008

BYBS: Glorfindel

After reading CyberCelt's BYBS posting, I felt inspired enough to write up my BYBS for the week. Here is my friend, Glorfindel:

I wish I could claim credit for the pic, but it was taken by a friend named Jim.

At any rate, this was taken when Glor was still alive. Unfortunately, he passed away quite a few years ago (sharp eyed people may notice the World Trade Center in the background).

He was a very good friend in times both good and bad. He also had some strange habits like putting his cat food in his water, bounding up to scratching posts from across the room and sleeping in my underwear drawer.

Like most cats, he showed a great deal of latitude towards humans, and was willing to deal with them on either his terms, or what he wanted. He also had quite sharp claws, so it paid to be flexible when working with him as well :-)

I miss him a great deal, but as a previous post pointed out, one cannot keep tomorrow from coming by trying to hang onto today. Instead I'm just glad he was willing to accept my company for a time.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was a tribute to your kitty. Were you living there in 2001? That would have been scary.

Tanis said...

awww.. that was touching... thanks mr. ever :)

Paulie said...

What a great blessing!

SandyCarlson said...

A blessing and a half, Whatever. What a friend. Cynthia Rylant wrote "Cat Heaven" in addition to "Dog Heaven"--books that offer comfort and peace in the face of such loss.

My pup Cuchulainn (a 12-year-old black Lab) was the truest friend I had ever known, and I miss him with a sorrow does not believe there can be a successor. One such friend a lifetime can be enough.

This was a heartwarming post. Thank you very much. God bless.