Sunday, June 19, 2011

BYBS: Cat Rambo/Fantasy Magazine

Image from Fantasy Magazine

This week's BYBS goes to (wait for it!) Fantasy Magazine and in particular a short story called the "Immortality Game" by Cat Rambo.  Yes, that's the name that she apparently goes by.  No, don't ask me.  What does someone who calls themselves "Cat Rambo" look like, you ask?  Well, here is a pic from her site:

Image from Cat Rambo's site.

Hair color aside, I am a fan of Cat Rambo's work. "The Immortality Game" is about a group of sorta-immortals who...well, I don't want to ruin it for you.  Rest assured that the story is worth listening to.  And contains a really cool idea.  Which I thought of first.  Well, actually I didn't, but if I had the powers that the characters in the story did, then I could actually go back in time and come up with the idea first.  But now I'm giving too much of the story away.

Cat (do you mind if I call you "Cat?") manages to write about topics that are anti-PC and yet remain interesting.  Another example of her work includes "I'll Gnaw Your Bones, the Manticore Said" (and no, I'm not sure where to put the quotes for a quote withing a title).

Fantasy Magazine is another podcast I listen to - specializing in (you guess it!) the fantasy genre.  "The Devil in Gaylord's Creek" was the month before and was also a good story.  So check em out.

No comments: