Sunday, August 02, 2009

BYBS: Stuck in a Rut

There are some people who might think that being stuck in a rut is a bad thing. Then again, there are some people who would start measuring the thing to see if their furniture would fit. I, on the other hand, would have already moved in.

Some days I have a hard time coming up with something to write for BYBS. I am pretty sure that taking a moment in my week and writing about something positive is a good idea, but my muse, a tired, cranky soul who would really prefer helping the likes of H.P. Lovecraft or Stephen King, does not always cooperate.

For times like this, I find that the force of habit, inertia, the will of the ball, call it what you will, can step in. Unlike a muse, which needs time, attention and cultivation, the blundering force of habit is not about to put up with the aloof antics that sometimes block me.

"But the posting won't be any good." I will protest.

"That's never stopped you before!"

Can't argue with that.

So what the hey --- here is to that which has helped me keep doing what I need to be doing.

4 comments:

SandyCarlson said...

A healthy dose of your honest self always leaves me feeling better. So it works.

And I laughed good and hard during that paragraph about the rut!

PERBS said...

And I am so glad you did. I checked earlier and I guess you were still debating about it. AND you actually commented on my blog before I got here again so that is another blessing that you didn't even realize! Ü

CyberCelt said...

Is it a nice rut? Does your furniture fit okay. Are you planning on building a roof? LOL

Have a great week.

Unknown said...

that's (honestly) a lovely pic of a rut. keke.

mmm. haven't picked up a stephen king one in a while...